Magic mushrooms, also known as psilocybin mushrooms, psychedelic mushrooms, or simply “shrooms”, are a unique type of fungi that contain high levels of the psychedelic chemicals psilocybin and psilocin.
When consumed, magic mushrooms induce a range of uplifting and mind-enhancing eects. It’s believed that magic mushrooms have been used for spiritual and medicinal purposes for many generations even thousands of years. Nowadays, magic mushrooms are often used for their mood-boosting and creativity-enhancing eects, even in professional settings.
Recent studies have also shed light on the connection between magic mushrooms and mental health. Findings suggest that microdosing magic mushrooms may help users deal with issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, all while helping enhance their mood, creative thinking abilities, and mental focus.
Everyone’s physiology and metabolism is different, and individual brain chemistry and body size play a significant role in how each individual might respond to psilocybin, as will your surroundings and emotional state, so if it is your first time or you are significantly upping your dosage, select a safe, comfortable, and if possible, familiar place, and consider asking a sober trip sitter to be your companion for the coming ride.
Effects begin between 10 to 40 minutes after ingestion and can last between 3 and 6 hours, depending on the dose and the individual. Like all tryptamines, psilocybes often cause what have been called “the mushroom yawns” which increased as one begins to peak, however, the feeling in the rest of the body is energetic, not tired.
Users can expect a wide variety of possible effects and sensations, from the mystical, euphoric and revelatory to the hyperspatial and mind-alteringly observational.
Remember to stay hydrated, especially if you’re outdoors or doing activity like dancing, and try sipping some honey ginger tea to counteract any possible nausea during the come-up. Do not use if pregnant and do not mix with other drugs, especially alcohol.
Preparation before using magic mushrooms
To have the best experience from a magic mushrooms trip, we recommend always planning your trip at least a couple of days ahead so you can mentally and physically prepare yourself for the mind broadening experience.
- The minimum age for a person to use magic mushrooms is 18 years old of course not everyone matures the same rate that’s why we recommend that only adults over the age of 21 years try our products.
- Only take mushrooms when you are in good mental health, for instance you should not be depressed. Also important is that you are in good physical health and that you have no bacterial and/or viral infections like the common cold or the flu.
- Do not use mushrooms if you are alone. It is preferable to use them with a person that has taken mushrooms before.
Food and drinks
- There has to be plenty of drinking water for everyone.
- Direct access to sugar containing drinks (dextrose) is strongly recommended. In case you want to lessen the eects this is what you should take.
- When taken on an empty stomach, magic mushrooms will have the best effect. Consume magic mushrooms at least 2.5 hours after your last meal. You Can expect the effects to start within 10 to 40 minutes depending on the rate of your metabolism.
- Be patient and just wait even when your friends already feel the effects and you don’t wait a little bit longer to avoid overdoing it.
Surroundings and people
- The people you will take them with should be people you like and trust.
- Take mushrooms because you want to take them and not because other people convince you to, while you’re not completely confident in doing so.
- When you are scared of the potential eects, DO NOT TAKE MAGIC MUSHROOMS!
- Make sure that one or more people in your company will be the so called ‘sitters’. This means that they will stay clear from taking mushrooms. In case someone will need attention they can take care of that person.
- Keep the next 24 hours free from appointments the idea that you need to be somewhere latter, or have an appointment booked tomorrow morning is just going to stress you out and take the beauty out of your trip you need to take time for magic mushrooms.
- Switch of your phone. Most people will not be able to react rationally in the event they are confronted with bad or good news. Others also switch o the doorbell so they won’t be disturbed.
- Take magic mushrooms in a comfortable environment with no or very few strangers (people that do not belong to your group.) Being in nature or perhaps indoors is advisable.
Nature alone is
antique, and the oldest art a mushroom
During the trip
Drink plenty of water. As nice as the effects of mushrooms can be, your body recognizes the active ingredients as toxins. Your body needs water to remove these chemicals from your system. Caution: Do not think that if you do not drink water that the eects will last longer or will be intensified. Your body will just take water from other places in your system because the removal of this toxin will be a priority. The consequence is that you will dehydrate and this can be very dangerous. The trip will be of the same strength and duration anyway.
Do not use alcohol or other drugs before, during or after your trip. This is so important that we repeat this statement. One of the effects of mushrooms is that your mind jumps from one thought to another in high speed. Alcohol slows down your reaction speed and will be responsible for your thoughts to start running in loops. This is extremely unpleasant and can easily cause a bad trip. Also, when using alcohol, you are prone to dehydration.
Relax and ride the waves to wherever they bring you. The effects of mushrooms are mind-blowing. This means that your senses work on a higher frequency when intoxicated. You will experience things that you would normally not see or realize. These visions are often enigmatic and are not always what they seem. The beauty lies in puzzles. This can be frightening at times, but just go with it and don’t try to fight it. Flow with the waves blocking them will only work against you.
NEVER take magic mushrooms in combination with other drugs. Especially not with alcohol and also stay clear from cannabis use.
The effects of mushrooms come and go in waves.
This is also noticeable in how one undergoes the strength of the trip. It can happen at a certain point in your trip that it might feel that the eects are fading. Do not eat more magic mushrooms to increase the eects again! After only a few minutes you will find the eects will increase again without having to do anything.
What makes people different depends greatly on their background. No person is alike and it is the same with their needs when they are tripping. Some love to chat, others prefer to be silent. One wants to make love, while another doesn’t even want to be touched at all. It is good to be able to communicate about this forehand and you will understand the importance of surrounding yourself with people you like and trust.
In case of a bad trip
When you take our advice to heart, the chances of “a trip going bad” are greatly minimized. However, it might occur that a person in your group didn’t follow our rules so strictly. When a person has a bad trip you will notice it. This person will start reacting very anxiously, extremely paranoid or even hysterical or violent. Here is some advice on how to deal with this situation. It is best that the person that is sober (the sitter) will take care of this person.
- Never lose the person out of sight, for he or she can suddenly try to take off. This person should never be and feel left alone.
- Seek a quiet place where this person can sit or lie down. Have him or her focus on breathing calmly.
- Give the person sweet things to drink and perhaps to eat as well. After a few minutes the eects of the magic mushrooms will slowly start to get milder.
- A bad trip generally will last just as long as a regular trip. For the person in question it might feel that it will never pass. Comfort lies in convincing them it will all be soon over. Again, having them take sweet beverages will help to decrease the length of the trip.
- When you think after a while that you have done the best you can do and this person is getting unmanageable you will need to get in contact with the emergency services (911). Always be completely honest to the services in what is happening to the victim and what this person has taken as intoxicants.